Tuesday, August 9, 2011
“So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it” (Isaiah 55:11 KJV).
Today’s Scripture is my favorite Bible verse. In verse 10, God speaks of rain and snow falling from heaven and watering the earth so that vegetation sprouts forth. Just as God designed precipitation to regulate plant growth, God intended His Word to produce spiritual growth. We are sure that no matter how defensive or resistant someone is to hearing God’s Word, the King James Bible has the power to overcome Satan’s opposition and that most hardened heart.
Notice these references to God’s Word prospering during the first half of the first century A.D.:
- Acts 6:7: “And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.”
- Acts 8:14: “Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:”
- Acts 11:1: “And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.”
- Acts 12:24: “But the word of God grew and multiplied.”
- Acts 13:44: “And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.”
- Acts 19:20: “So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed.”
Paul wrote: “…The word of the truth of the gospel; which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth much fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:” (Colossians 1:5,6). Let us never be discouraged when people reject us sharing the Bible with them. God’s Word will take care of itself… it always has, and always will… prosper!
“God that giveth the increase” (1 Corinthians 3:7).