Thursday, September 22, 2011
“And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves” (Revelation 11:9 KJV).
Many wrongly assume the Bible is anti-science. Actually, the Bible and science disagree because sinful mankind has manipulated science to make it anti-Bible. The Bible is not against science; that is, testable, repeatable analyses of creation’s systems. However, the Bible is opposed to speculative arguments (theories) that glorify man’s “wisdom” (1 Corinthians 3:19; 2 Corinthians 10:3-5; 1 Timothy 6:20,21).
Today’s Scripture, written 2,000 years ago, is one demonstration of the Bible’s scientific accuracy. Verses 10-12 speak of dead bodies lying in Jerusalem’s streets, and ultimately ascending into heaven. The Bible also says that the whole world will witness these events. Undoubtedly, the Bible predicted satellite television and the internet!
- Nineteenth-century oceanographer Matthew Maury discovered “the paths of the seas” of Psalm 8:8—written 3,000 years ago—was actually a reference to ocean currents!
- Isaiah 40:22 speaks of “the circle of the earth,” a 2,700-year-old explanation for a round earth! This verse also speaks of an expanding universe, discovered just a century ago!
- How did King David know that Earth had a North-South axis, with East and West never intersecting (Psalm 103:12)?
- Genesis 2:7 says God formed Adam’s body from “the dust of the ground.” Medical science confirms that elements found in earth’s crust—magnesium, calcium, oxygen, potassium, et cetera—are also present in our bodies!
- Leviticus 15:13 commands the sick to wash their flesh in “running water.” (As opposed to bathing in unsanitary stagnant water. Until 1850, doctors did not realize the importance of handwashing in water to reduce or kill germs.)
- Why did God demand male Jewish babies be circumcised on the eighth day in Leviticus 12:3? Because the baby’s immune system reaches its peak on day eight!
- Job 28:25, written 3,500 years ago, makes reference to the “weight for the winds.” Air mass!
The Bible is God’s Book, so it teaches science with God’s authority. The Bible is amazing, millennia ahead of modern “science!”