Monday, December 12, 2011
“Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ” (Ephesians 3:4 KJV).
The Bible records, some 10 times, Jesus asking His audience, “Have ye not read?” (Matthew 12:3-5; Matthew 19:4; Matthew 21:16,42; Matthew 22:31; Mark 2:25; Mark 12:10,26; Luke 6:3). His audience had had the Old Testament Scriptures for some 1,500 years, and yet they could not remember simple phrases. Actually, if you examine the contexts of these verses, it is quite obvious His audience (Israel’s religious leaders) was deliberately ignorant. They refused to remember because that would mean agreeing with Him!
Sadly, denominational churchgoers, like Israel’s leadership of old, turn a blind eye to these simple truths of the Scriptures, lest they are forced to agree with us that God’s Word is right and their religious system is wrong.
- Have ye not read, “Man doth not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God?” (Deuteronomy 8:3; Matthew 4:4; Luke 4:4).
- Have ye not read, “Paul is our apostle, the apostle of the Gentiles?” (Romans 11:13; Romans 15:16; 2 Timothy 1:11).
- Have ye not read, “Ye are not under the law, but under grace?” (Romans 6:14).
- Have ye not read, “In the beginning was the Word [Jesus Christ], and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, and that the Word was made flesh?” (John 1:1,14).
- Have ye not read, “Jesus Christ died for your sins, He was buried, and He was raised again for your justification?” (1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Romans 4:25).
- Have ye not read, “For by grace and ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast?” (Ephesians 2:8,9).
- Have ye not read, “For God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while were yet sinners Christ died for us?” (Romans 5:8).
- Have ye not read, “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth?” (2 Timothy 2:15).
Ye have read now!!!!