Wednesday, August 13, 2014
“Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee” (Hebrews 13:5 KJV).
If Israel’s believing remnant is to endure the seven-year Tribulation’s economic depression, she must remember that faithful JEHOVAH is with her, and that He will bless her in due time.
In conclusion, we will briefly survey the “wealth” of Old Testament and New Testament Scriptures regarding Israel’s kingdom riches:
- Israel is God’s earthly people, so He will bless them with earthly possessions—this includes sizeable real estate. In due time, Israel will possess all the Middle-Eastern territory between Egypt and the Euphrates River (Genesis 15:18-21).
- Solomon’s prosperous kingdom was nothing compared to what awaits Israel. Just as the Gentile Queen of Sheba brought Solomon untold riches, Gentiles will lavish redeemed Israel and her King Jesus Christ with unfathomable wealth (Isaiah 60:1-22; Isaiah 61:6).
- Jesus promised His little flock that, everything they lost for Him, they would receive 100-fold from Him (Matthew 19:29,30; Mark 10:28-31). Israel’s believing remnant will gain 100 times more wealth than what they had before they even came to Christ!
- During the seven-year Tribulation, the book of Job will comfort Israel’s believing remnant, who like Job, suffer the loss of their material possessions because of Satan’s policy of evil (James 5:10,11; Job 1:1–2:13). As Job was doubly blessed of God after his temptation ended (Job 42:10-13), so Israel will receive compensation many times over for her losses, when Jesus Christ returns to establish His earthly kingdom.
- In the kingdom age, when Jesus Christ reigns over Earth, the curse of sin will be lifted (Isaiah 11:1-16; Isaiah 51:3). Every harvest of crops will be overwhelmingly abundant, and immediately after reaping, planting for the next harvest can begin (Deuteronomy 33:28; Joel 2:19; Joel 3:18,20; Amos 9:11-15)!
- Most importantly, for all of eternity, Israel will enjoy JEHOVAH’S spiritual riches—His forgiveness, His fellowship, His grace, His salvation, and His life (Hosea 2:14-23; Hebrews 8:8-13; 1 Peter 2:9,10; Revelation 21:1ff.).
Never forget, beloved, Israel still has her worst experience ahead, but after that, her greatest experience ever is bound to happen as well! JEHOVAH will see her through it all! 🙂